Awaken the Artist Within – see Italy as an artist
October 1 – 12, 2015
Workshop Descriptions | Spannocchia | Registration Information
- 4 nights in Rome, 7 nights in Tuscany
- Scheduled workshops in painting, sketch, writing, collage, and photography
- Dining at select locations highlighting the local cuisines
- Wine tastings and vineyard tours
- Visit Rome, Orvieto, Rosia, Siena, Montalcino
- Fee includes lodging, all dinners, local guides, winery tours and tastings, entry fees outlined in itinerary, ground transportation from Rome to Spannocchia and on day trips, instruction, and most materials
Travel to Italy as more than a visitor. Come as an artist. Embark on a sensory exploration of the timeless sights while reserving personal time to reflect and record the experiences that inspire you. Walk in the footsteps of histories greatest creators, and discover in yourself the methods that ignite your own unique creativity.
This twelve day tour is part Roman Holiday, part creative pilgrimage, and a complete opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of Italy. We’ll spend four days exploring what Rome has to offer,
- a tour of the Sistine Chapel
- apainting class with a local artist
- meals specially selected to represent Roman cuisine
- and plenty of opportunity to explore one of the worlds most beautiful cities on your own.
Next, we’ll begin a creativity retreat in a Tuscan Villa just 12 miles south east of Siena. We’ll start each day tramping through the grounds of this 3000 acre working agricultural property.
We’ll have daily workshops exploring a variety of creative methods, journal writing, sketch, multi-media transfer and collage, photography and watercolor. Together we’ll create our own personal “look books” that memorialize the experience, and can act as your own source book for future creative projects.
Join Erin Lee Gafill and Tom Birmingham exploring their favorite spots in Italy, and experiencing this rich culture that highlights the visual arts, the culinary arts, camaraderie and hospitality.
The Collusseum, The Forum, Trevi Fountain, The Protestant Cemetery, The Sistine Chapel, The Vatican Museum, The Spanish Steps, Via Margutta, Trastevere
Orvieto, Piazza d Campo, Museo Civico d’ Siena, Duomo d’ Siena, Montalcino, Abbey de Olivetta Magoria, Spannocchia